Business Expense Insurance (BEX)
Business Expenses insurance can help meet your ongoing business expenses while you are temporarily unable to work due to injury or illness. This can help to cover your fixed business costs and keep your business afloat while you are recovering. Benefits only commence to be paid from the expiry of a waiting period until the end of a benefit period.
Most insurers offer the choice of a 14 day, 30 day, 60 day or 90 day waiting period.
Most insurers offer the choice of a 1 year or 2 year benefit period.
The business expenses that are covered include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting and Auditing fees
- Regular advertising costs, postage, printing and stationery
- Electricity, heating, gas, water, telephone and cleaning costs
- Security costs
- Rent, property rates and taxes
- Membership fees, publications and subscriptions to professional bodies
- Leasing costs of plant and equipment
- Bank charges, interest on business loans
- Salary and other related costs for non-income generating employees of your business
- Net costs associated with employing a locum
Business Expense insurance can only be taken outside of the superannuation environment.
If you would like to know more about this product and how it can protect you, please contact us on 1300 300 561.
Any advice or recommendation that may have been implied is General Advice only. Please be aware that we have not taken into consideration your needs, objectives or financial requirements. Before deciding to purchase a financial product, you should read the Product Disclosure Statement to ensure the product is suitable for your needs.